PWNT stands out due to its distinctive structure and purpose, which is centered around leveraging over 98 years of utility expertise (previously under the drinking water utility PWN) and groundbreaking water treatment innovations for global accessibility. Our organization’s commitment to extensive research and development initiatives has yielded efficient and sustainable water treatment solutions, primarily centered on suspended ion exchange, ceramic membrane applications, and advanced oxidation. The wide adaptability of these applications allows for their effective implementation across diverse water sources.
Since 2022 PWNT is part of Nijhuis Saur Industries (NSI). NSI delivers an extensive portfolio of innovative technologies, game-changing solutions and added-value services to protect water resources. With our unique Customer for Life approach, we help industries, utilities, and cities to comply with ‘reduce, remove, reuse and recover’, closing the water loop.
All PWNT solutions offer lower life cycle costs, greater efficiency and a much lower environmental impact. We work closely with our clients to create optimal results and strongly believe in partnering with universities and globally-respected companies. PWNT is located in the Netherlands but active worldwide.
PWNT is looking for a Software Engineer to be based in Amsterdam (minimum 3 days per week), the Netherlands. The Software Engineer is a full-time position in our Projects, Engineering and Development group, and he/she will be responsible for designing, building and testing of software of our innovative technologies into a client’s application.
Most important is that you have a broad perspective of design and engineering. PWNT software engineers are involved in the development of our (new) technologies, using our flexible and innovative software standards for small scale pilots too full-scale plants for our clients, building simulations for our future plants and testing and commissioning of the software onsite.
PWNT operates internationally, as such this position requires a willingness to travel to our clients all over the world.
- Be part of our automation team.
- Designing and engineering of PLC, HMI and SCADA software for PWNT water treatment plants.
- Building simulation models to test and optimize our existing and future water treatment plants.
- Development and improve our control software standard.
- Communicating with our clients and engineers to offer the best solution.
- Writing functional design descriptions based on our control philosophies and customer requirements.
- On- and of site support of our commissioning engineers, pilot engineers and clients.
- Analyzing and resolving software issues.
- Advise customers and engineering team on questions of process automation.
- Education: bachelor Industrial Automation (or equivalent education or higher).
- Language skills: fluency in English is mandatory – good knowledge of the Dutch language would be beneficial.
- +5 years working experience in Industrial Automation.
- Working independently within projects and being an excellent team player at the same time.
- Experience with:
- Siemens S7/TIA portal
- Win CC
- Scada software
- Advantageous would-be knowledge of:
- Allen Bradley
- Other PLCs/HMI’s
- Process knowledge water treatment equipment and plants
- Hardware of control systems and industrial networks
- Electrical control technology
- Process philosophy ISA 88
- Knowledge of other higher level programming languages.
- Flexibility and willingness to travel on occasions to our customers worldwide.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply, even if you do not meet all the preferred qualifications listed above. We believe that diversity and inclusion are key to our success, and we welcome candidates who bring a variety of skills and experiences to our team as long as they embrace our culture and are willing to grow with us.
- A great international working environment with many challenges and
- Excellent working conditions with extensive opportunities for training and development.
- A competitive salary, 25 days of holiday for full-time employment and the option to purchase additional holiday days.
- A pension with ABP of which approximately 70% of the premium is paid by PWNT.
- Flexible working hours.
- Above all, you will be part of a pleasant and challenging working environment with committed colleagues and room for initiative and development.
- Would you like more information about our organization? Please check out our site: pwnt.com.
Are you interested and do you want more information about this vacancy?
Contact Rick Bakker at email@example.com.
To apply, send a motivation letter and a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to your application!
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.