PWNT stands out due to its distinctive structure and purpose, which is centered around leveraging over 98 years of utility expertise (previously under the drinking water utility PWN) and groundbreaking water treatment innovations for global accessibility. Our organization’s commitment to extensive research and development initiatives has yielded efficient and sustainable water treatment solutions, primarily centered on suspended ion exchange, ceramic membrane applications, and advanced oxidation. The wide adaptability of these applications allows for their effective implementation across diverse water sources.
Since 2022 PWNT is part of Nijhuis Saur Industries (NSI). NSI delivers an extensive portfolio of innovative technologies, game-changing solutions and added-value services to protect water resources. With our unique Customer for Life approach, we help industries, utilities, and cities to comply with ‘reduce, remove, reuse and recover’, closing the water loop.
All PWNT solutions offer lower life cycle costs, greater efficiency and a much lower environmental impact. We work closely with our clients to create optimal results and strongly believe in partnering with universities and globally-respected companies. PWNT is located in the Netherlands but active worldwide.
Pilot operator for multiple water treatment pilot installations in the R&D center PWNT
For our Research and Development department at the R&D center PWNT we are looking for an experienced pilot operator to join our team.
In the R&D center you work with a wide variety of water treatment solutions, which makes the job diverse. You will work together with small teams, comprising researchers and engineers (from different nationalities) to gain new knowledge and try to push the technologies to the next level.
The work comprises different activities like working in the laboratory, jar testing, sampling and operating bench scale and pilot scale installations. Technologies in the R&D center cover amongst others ion exchange, coagulation, membrane processes (ceramic microfiltration, capillary nanofiltration, reverse osmosis, electrodialysis) and advanced oxidation (UV and ozone-based advanced oxidation processes).
The pilot operator will be responsible for operating & maintaining the pilot installations according to settings given by the researchers and operator team lead. Supporting researchers and engineers in successfully completing their research or development program is a key role. This includes taking care of availability, maintenance and adjustment of the pilot equipment that is been operated.
The purpose of the pilot research is to gain understanding of the treatment processes and accurate data collection from different sources, sensors and processes, as well as sampling and lab analysis relies on the pilot operator.
In the R&D center the operator works in an international context together with students, colleague operators, researchers and engineers.
- Technical education in the field of water treatment technology or process technology.
- VAPRO and VOL-VCA are advantages.
- Forklift driving license is an advantage.
- Technical background in process operation and pilot experience.
- Some knowledge of and affinity with water treatment is recommended.
- Laboratory or chemical background for the implementation of water analysis.
- An accurate and organized attitude are essential in a constantly changing pilot environment.
- Ability to work according to plan but also with a certain degree of freedom.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize efficiently.
- Fluent in Dutch and English
- Driving license
- Enjoys working in international settings.
- Willingness to travel and support (pilot) projects abroad incidentally.
- Available for 40 hours a week
- PWNT offers a great international working environment with many challenges and opportunities. We offer excellent working conditions with extensive opportunities for training and development.
- The salary is in accordance with the market and depends on education and experience.
- You are entitled to 25 days of holiday for full-time employment and the option to purchase additional holiday days.
- You build up a pension with ABP of which approximately 70% of the premium is paid by PWNT.
- Above all, you will be part of a pleasant and challenging working environment with committed colleagues and room for initiative and development. Would you like more information about our organization? Please check out our site pwnt.com or contact Sabine Gabriel.
- Office: Andijk, Netherlands. You will work daily from this location.
For more information about this position you can contact Sabine Gabriel via email@example.com.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.