PWNT is unique in its formation and mission to make the utility’s more than 98 years of experience and innovations in water treatment available worldwide. Our extensive R&D programmes have led to the development of efficient and sustainable solutions in water treatment based on suspended ion exchange, ceramic membrane applications and advanced oxidation, and these applications can be used for a wide variety of water sources. All of our solutions offer lower life cycle costs, greater efficiency and a much lower environmental impact. We work closely with our clients to create optimal results and strongly believe in partnering with universities and globally-respected companies. PWNT is located in the Netherlands and Singapore.
Pilot / Mechanical Engineer
PWNT is looking for a Pilot/Mechanical Engineer to be based in Andijk, Netherlands. The Pilot/Mechanical Engineer is a full-time position in the Technology Development Department, in a “cutting-edge” research environment. This person should possess the following skills:
- First point of contact for clients regarding our pilot fleet.
- Education: Bachelor of Science, or equivalent with mechanical engineering emphasis.
- Preferable several years of work experience.
- Language skills: Fluency in English; good knowledge of the Dutch language would be beneficial.
- Willingness to travel abroad.
- Adaptable to changing work demands (i.e. flexible in work assignments).
- Able to analyze data and report/discuss with researcher or customers.
- Writing skills.
- Positive “can-do” attitude for trouble shooting and finding solutions.
- Driving license (or in progress).
- Experience in the (drinking) water industry is a plus.
- Experience with AutoCAD is a plus.
At PWNT, Pilot/Mechanical Engineers perform many functions related to the operation of PWNT tested technologies for water and wastewater treatment related to, for example, ceramic membrane filtration, ion exchange, coagulation, ozone oxidation and sand filtration. The Pilot/Mechanical Engineer’s main function is to support third-party pilots (built in ISO standard shipping containers) which are tested at international locations such as the United Kingdom and Singapore. This applicant should have a basic engineering knowledge of water treatment
processes and objectives, and be “hands-on” for bench-scale and pilot-scale operations. There is also the opportunity to work at full-scale sites which have PWNT technologies during commissioning, start-up, performance testing, or operational assistance phases. The PWNT Pilot/Mechanical Engineer is often one of the first PWNT employees in contact with clients and should have excellent communication skills and a positive attitude.
Back at the home base in Andijk in the Netherlands, the Pilot/Mechanical Engineer supports the pilot fleet of equipment, but also it is expected that this Engineer will provide mechanical support to our full scale projects, as needed. The Pilot/Mechanical engineer role is a perfect preparation for the other engineering roles within PWNT.
For third-party pilots, Pilot/Mechanical Engineers do the following:
- Site work during commissioning, site acceptance tests (SAT), training for local operations.
- Troubleshooting throughout pilot to rectify operational issues.
- Data acquisition and processing, as well as data storage management.
- Optimize plan forward for your customer/pilot, together with your PWNT team members.
- Liaison between client and water testing laboratory.
- Ensuring that all technical data is up to date.
- Manage adjustments to pilots.
- Assistance with conference calls, reporting, slide preparation, and final report.
We expect a lot from you, but you can also expect a lot from us. What do we offer you?
- PWNT offers a great international working environment with many challenges and opportunities.
- We offer excellent working conditions with extensive opportunities for training and development.
- The salary is in accordance with the market and depends on education and experience.
- You are entitled to 25 days of holiday for fulltime employment and the option to purchase additional holiday days.
- You build up a pension with ABP of which approximately 70% of the premium is paid by PWNT.
- We have flexible working times.
- Possibilities to work from Andijk (minimum 2 days), Velserbroek and home.
- Above all, you will be part of a pleasant and challenging working environment with committed colleagues and room for initiatives and development.
- Would you like more information about our organization? Please check out our site: www.pwnt.com